The Department of Applied Climatology and Climate Modelling offers consulting services and expertise in climate forecasting, diagnoses climatic problems and their causes, and develops methods to avert potential climate-related ecological problems.
- Detailed analyses of current climate conditions on local, regional, and national scales, even in regions with complex geographical features (glaciers, lakes, alternating vegetation types etc.);
- Climate forecasting on various scales under current development trends;
- Predicting climatic responses to:
- increases in greenhouse gas levels;
- changes of ocean levels;
- volcanic activity;
- solar activity;
- changes in vegetation;
- agricultural activity and lumbering;
- other anthropogenic activities; and
- Determining the influence of natural climatic changes on vegetation, ocean levels, precipitation levels, and other environmental factors.