Irena Motnenko, PhD
PRINCIPAL AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Sedimentology, facies analysis, and paleogeographic reconstructions
- Field surveys and sample collection
- Geological mapping of surficial materials
- Surface and ground water quality assessments
- Water and wastewater analyses and processing
- Environmental monitoring and data analyses
- Identification and application of micro- and meio-organisms in waste management
- Co-ordination and management of multidisciplinary environmental projects
1991-1999 – PhD in Geology, Thesis: “Sedimentology and Anthropogenic Pollution of Recent Sediments of the Israeli Shelf (Eastern Mediterranean)” [Supervisors: Prof. Vladimir Frolov, Moscow State University, Russia and Prof. Joel Kronfeld, Tel Aviv University, Israel]. Department of Marine Geology and Sedimentology (Lithology), Moscow State University, Russia.
1984-1990 – MSc (Mineral Exploration and Sedimentology) with Certificate of Excellence (Honoris Causa). Master Thesis: “Sedimentology of the Upper Pleistocene Sediments in Village Geroevskoye (Kerchenian Peninsula)” [Supervisor Prof. Vladimir Frolov]. Department of Marine Geology and Sedimentology, Moscow State University, USSR.
Pre-Diploma Thesis “Biogerms of Eltigen Outcrop (Kerchenian Peninsula)” [Supervisor Prof. Vladimir Frolov]. Department of Marine Geology and Sedimentology, Moscow State University, USSR.
2000 – present: Vice-President and Head of the Department of Environmental Sedimentology, Avalon Institute of Applied Science Inc., Winnipeg, Canada
2000 – present: Chief Technical Officer of OSORNO Enterprises Inc., Winnipeg, Canada
1999 – 2000: Research Scientist, Biodigestor Technologies, Winnipeg, Canada
1996 – 1998: Vice-President, Anamed Ltd. Scientific Services, Tel Aviv, Israel
1995 – 1998: Ph.D. student, Department of Lithology and Marine Geology, Moscow State University, Russia
1992 – 1995: Administrative Assistant, Talcar Ltd., Tel Aviv, Israel
1990 – 1992: Ph.D. student, Department of Lithology and Marine Geology, Moscow State University, Russia